2018 Meeting of Schools
June 13 - 14, 2018 (4 pm to 9 pm | 9 am to Noon)
- This meeting is separate from the SYTAR conference and requires a separate registration for Meeting of Schools attendees
- For program directors and faculty of IAYT Member Schools only (up to 4 per school)
- $35/ person - pre-registered; OR $50/ person at the door
- Must be signed in as a current Member School to register
- Not yet a Member School? Be sure to become a member ASAP to attend this important meeting
- Never been? See SYTAR 2016 Meeting of Schools by Susi Hately
Beginning at 4 pm on Wednesday June 13, attendees are encouraged to join the meeting for the opening remarks and interactive introductions to one another. Tea and treats will be served. (Interested in sponsoring this opening gathering? Please use Contact Us at the top of any web page.)
Dinner break (on your own) will be between 5:30 and 7 pm. This is an excellent opportunity for you to connect with friends and associates, new and old!
After dinner on Wednesday evening, the 2018 Meeting of Schools will offer school directors, program directors and key faculty the opportunity to obtain updates on issues that are impacting yoga therapy education. Information from the Accreditation Committee as well as from the Certification Committee will provide details on current developments as well as open the floor for input from attendees on issues that directly affect their schools and programs.
For Thursday morning the 2018 committee for the Meeting of Schools is currently in the process of creating a program based on input from past attendees that will bring roundtables and presentations specifically focused to those requests.
An agenda and details to come as program is developed and finalized. Past meetings have proven to be highly valuable and effective for all in attendance. 2018 will continue that tradition.
What was most useful from the 2017 MOS?
"The information on practicums and assessments. We loved the work in small groups around the table, learning what other schools are doing and having some clarification on standards." -2017 MOS Attendee
"It was really helpful to hear about the ways that people are bringing yoga therapy to communities and diverse environments. I found the table discussions on special topics around marketing/distance learning etc. VERY useful! Thank you!" -2017 MOS Attendee
IAYT appreciates and recognizes the dedication and work of this year's MOS Committee:
- Mary Northey (Integrative Yoga Therapy), Co-chair
- Sue Tebb (IAYT Accreditation Committee), Co-chair
- Diane Finlayson, MUIH
- Ginger Hooven, Mount Madonna
- Rose Kress, LifeForce Yoga
- Carol Krucoff, Yoga For Seniors
- Denise Ngo, Rasa Yoga School
- Stacey Reinke-Bui, MUIH / National Yoga Academy
- Ananda Devika Ma, Ananda Yoga
- Micah Mortali, Kripalu
Member schools who have not yet applied for accreditation OR who are working on documentation for their applications may wish to attend the early afternoon Accreditation Q & A. Click below for details.