IJYT peer reviewers evaluate articles for publication and provide supportive feedback to authors. In this way, the peer reviewers help to maintain high standards for the journal while establishing a positive relationship between authors and the journal.Qualifications
Peer reviewers should meet the following qualifications:
- Experience writing, editing, and/or reviewing scientific or professional publications.
- Significant professional experience as a yoga therapist or teacher OR
- Specialized knowledge and professional experience in integrated health care or research.
- provide timely and supportive feedback to the authors and the Editor in Chief, using IJYT's peer review guidelines, and
- review an average of two articles per year.
Peer review is a renewable one-year commitment. Articles will be distributed based on the interests and expertise of the reviewer.
Please send a letter of interest to the ijyteditor@iayt "dot" org. Describe your qualifications and relevant experience, including any publications (you may include a resume or CV). Please include a list of the types of articles or topics you would be interested in reviewing.
The Types of Articles IJYT publishes
- Discussions of yoga philosophy as it relates to yoga therapy.
- Reports of original scientific research on any aspect of yoga.
- Descriptions of therapeutic approaches/yoga practices for a specific population or health condition.
- In-depth case studies that illustrate and evaluate a therapeutic approach.
- Discussions of public policy, integrated health care, and professional practices.