Starting the Accreditation Process
The accreditation process begins with the submission of a letter of intent and a completed readiness assessment. You must submit a letter of intent and readiness assessment in order to access the online accreditation application.
The accreditation process is demanding and requires a deep commitment. IAYT’s goal is to be as supportive to schools as possible while maintaining a fair and objective process.
The letter of intent and readiness assessment process allows us to provide the best possible support to you before you begin filling out the online accreditation application.
The Letter of Intent Process
Submitting a Letter of Intent and completed readiness assessment is easy.
Here’s what you do:
- Download and read "An Overview of Regulatory Issues for Yoga, Yoga Therapy, and Ayurveda" to better understand the context for accreditation.
- Download a copy of the Letter of Intent.
The Letter of Intent is a modifiable Word document. Customize this
letter to your school and yoga therapy program training program.
- Download and print a copy of the readiness assessment form.
- Complete both, providing all the requested information in the Letter and fully completing the readiness assessment.
- Create a PDF of your completed letter and readiness assessment.
- Email the PDF to AC-admin@iayt"dot"org.
Once IAYT receives your completed Letter of Intent and readiness assessment, a call will be scheduled with the Accreditation Manager and a member of the Accreditation Committee. The purpose of this call is to discuss IAYT’s accreditation application requirements and the application review and decision-making policies and procedures.
After this call takes place, you can begin to fill out your application and prepare the additional materials you'll need to submit with your application.
The accreditation application requires a great deal of data and information and the review process is a rigorous one. We want to be sure you have all the information and understanding that you need in order to submit a complete application. This will save a lot of time and energy on both your part and the part of IAYT and the Accreditation Committee once your application is submitted.