IAYT carries out its mission by
- producing publications, including the International Journal of Yoga Therapy (IJYT), Yoga Therapy Today (YTT), the IAYT Digital Resources Library, and the IAYT website.
- hosting conferences, including the Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research (SYTAR), IAYT’s membership and practitioner conference, and the Symposium on Yoga Research (SYR), IAYT’s academic yoga research conference.
- establishing the Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists along with accreditation services for yoga therapy training programs.
- providing member services, including a searchable online directory for members and member schools and on-line access to current and back issues of IAYT publications.
- being an organized professional voice for yoga and yoga therapy in public policy forums on integrative, complementary, and alternative medicine.