Members Support and Apply for Certification
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Posted by: IAYT Administration
Update on the Certification Process
Applications for IAYT Certification continue to flow in for review and approval. At this writing, 344 members have been awarded their C-IAYT. Many more are in the process. The diversity of applicants indicate the truly international character of our association.
Applicants have come from 20 countries!
|| Costa Rica
| Hong Kong
|| New Zealand
| Puerto Rico
|| United Arab Emirates
| United Kingdom
| United States
- Forty-five (45) US States (including DC and Guam), missing is Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming - in case you want to be the first from your state.
- Six (6) Canadian Provinces and territories.
- Oldest applicant is 73 and youngest is 23.
- 410 are female; 39 are male; and 4 preferred not to answer.
- 136 are licensed health care providers (LHCP). Included are acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, medical doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and mental health counselors among others.
- 195 report certification in other modalities; e.g., Ayurveda, Reiki, Laughter Yoga, Healing Touch, and aromatherapy.
Worried that the process might be too difficult?
- 162 found the process very easy
- 278 called it manageable
- Only 13 have found the process very hard
If you need assistance, the Certification Team is happy to answer questions about the process and support you with any difficulties you may have with your application. Start the conversation at the Contact Us link at the top of any page on the website.
Also, be sure to access the Certification Tips.
Comments from some of those who have been awarded the C-IAYT:
Dear John, Dilip and the Certification Committee,
I am honoured to receive this C-IAYT certification. Thank you.
Thank you for all of the dedication you have provided to further the field of yoga therapy in accrediting yoga therapy schools and certifying individual yoga therapists. The journey to receive this certification has been an incredible experience and I am truly grateful to all of the teachers who have shared their support and knowledge to teach me how to best serve others as a yoga therapist as well as to students I have shared this practice with who have believed, practiced and benefited through receiving these teachings.
A heartfelt gesture to you both and your team for contributing endless hours to create IAYT Certification. For me, an honor to be recognized as your member.
I am very happy and humble about this great achievement.
Thanks so much for creating this pathway to certification, and for creating professional standards for the work we do. Peace