Seeking Guest Editor for Yoga Therapy Today
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Posted by: IAYT Administration
An Exciting Opportunity to Contribute to the
Yoga Therapy Profession!
We’re looking for an experienced editor, ready and able to juggle all the moving parts of publications, for the spring and summer 2017 issues of Yoga Therapy Today. You will plan, coordinate, review, and edit content. The successful candidate will have a good sense of what is current in the field of yoga therapy and be able to decide which submissions should be pursued or dropped to meet quality and accuracy standards of the magazine. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative, and engaging content.
This position is initially offered from January 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017. The spring issue completes layout in the beginning of April, and is published in May. The summer issue completes layout by June 29, and is published in August. There is the potential to develop into a longer term position. You will receive a one-day training from the current editor-in-chief (in person or by Skype) to orient you to the job. Limited ongoing mentoring with the editor-in-chief will be available throughout the tenure of this position.
Salary $5,000 /issue plus a home office allowance. Other benefits include a one-year membership to IAYT and expenses paid to attend SYTAR 2017.
In this position, you will:
- manage all areas of content and production for two publication cycles
- solicit and receive submissions; determine suitability of content for publication
- correspond with authors on a regular and ongoing basis; edit articles in iterative process with authors; fact-check
- select media for review; select reviewers
- oversee team of copyeditors and proofreaders
- select artwork and photographs for editorial and magazine cover
- oversee layout and production
- create online zine and web presentation materials for each issue
- comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- meet deadlines and budget requirements
Requirements for the position:
- demonstrated working experience as an editor
- strong writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- comprehensive knowledge of English
- ability to manage and coordinate multiple contributors to publication
- an eye for detail along with critical thinking ability
- experience, knowledge, and skills in yoga therapy
- ability to meet prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- hands-on experience with MS Office
Please send a resume that highlights your editing and yoga therapy experience and training along with a cover letter explaining what you will uniquely bring to this position.
Send your application in the form of a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is November 11, 2016.
For further information, please contact John Kepner at director@iayt"dot"org .