Call for CIC Proposals Now Open!
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Posted by: SYTAR Management
Common Interest Community
Call for Proposals
Yoga therapy ideas worth sharing!
Continuing for SYTAR 2017
|Review the CIC Model
|See how the new format works and decide if you should submit a proposal
for SYTAR 2017!
We’ve done away with the passive slide presentations of past Common Interest Community sessions. Instead, 2017 will continue the 2016 CIC model with presentations being 12-minute oral presentations (no slides/power points) to an intimate circle of community participants.
Your purpose as a presenter is to share your work/practice/idea that works and is relevant to the CIC’s focus. In return, you meet others that share your interest and receive constructive comments/resources back from your peers. All attendees should leave the CIC session with many ideas that may help them in their own work or stimulate new programming possibilities. All attendees should also gain many new professional colleagues to celebrate with for the remainder of the symposium, and for future sharing and collaboration.
We are seeking well-written and intriguing summaries of a successful yoga therapy idea or resource that works and is worth sharing with others. All proposals will be evaluated by the session chairs for the interest community. Six individuals will be chosen in each category to present their work - with two alternate presenters. All chosen summaries will be published in the conference program guide and later, published on the IAYT journal hosting site as a supplement to the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. Proposals are not edited and not subject to change after submission, so be sure your proposal is final.
Proposals will be accepted in each of the six topics:
- Rehab Professionals
- Mental Health
- Cancer Community
- Dealing with Trauma
- Children and Youth
- Careers in Yoga Therapy
- You must be a current IAYT member and log in to send in a proposal
- Individual presenters only (no co-presenters will be accepted)
- SYTAR 2017 presenters in either the afternoon or morning sessions are not eligible to submit proposals to the CIC sessions.
- You may submit up to 2 proposals (in the same or different categories), however you may only present one. If both proposals are accepted, IAYT reserves the right to determine which proposal will be presented.
- No support is provided for CIC presenters, but your name and proposal title are shown in the final program guide.
- Proposal submission deadline: February 14, 2017
- Acceptance notification: March 14, 2017
- Presenter's registration deadline: April 4, 2017
See the details for submitting your proposal today!