IAYT Certification Committee is Recruiting for Volunteers!
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Posted by: IAYT Administration
IAYT Certification Committee News
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for IAYT members to take a leadership role in the profession of yoga therapy by serving on the IAYT Certification Committee!
Now that Certification has launched and the numbers of C-IAYTs are expanding, it is time to build on this foundation by ensuring that the C-IAYT mark is recognized, respected and lifts the field of yoga therapy into a top choice in integrative healthcare environments. Our near term strategic objectives include:
- evolving the process for individuals’ renewal of C-IAYT Certification (at its 3-year expiration)
- refining our standards for Continuing Education, including developing standards and a process for approving continuing education trainings
- educating the public about C-IAYT certified yoga therapists and fostering confidence in how C-IAYTs can make a valuable contribution to health, healing and a collaborative and integrative healthcare approach
- initiating the process of developing an exam for new certifications
IAYT currently seeks 2 - 3 individuals to join our team and help steer us through this next phase. (These are VOLUNTEER positions.) In doing so we look to preserve and build on the balance and diversity that has worked so well for our committee thus far. We plan to meet with suitably qualified applicants at SYTAR 2017 in June at Newport Beach, California.
There are some general team skills and suitability attributes that are important to us. These include:
- team collegiality and collaboration skills
- leadership, organizational, communication, and planning skills
- basic competence with common technologies such as computer use, teleconferencing and other electronic communication
- general business acumen
We enjoy our “work” and our working relationships, have fun in our roles on this Committee, and feel honored to have this opportunity to contribute to our collective purpose!
The commitment for Committee membership is a period of 3 years, and includes the following estimated time commitments:
- Monthly 2-hour Committee Meeting phone conferences (attended remotely) with additional meeting preparation time.
- Meetings take place on the 2nd Monday of each month from 4-6pm Eastern Time
- Annual Face-2-Face Residential Working Retreat – 4 days
- 2018: 3/8-11
- 2019 and beyond: 4th weekend in January
- Cost of attending the annual retreat is supported by IAYT
- Willing to take on and devote additional time as needed for ad hoc sub-committee work (needs and participation vary)
If you are able to volunteer your time, believe you offer skills and background relevant to the above objectives (see the questionnaire for specifics) and are interested in joining the Certification Committee, please click below to download and then complete the questionnaire to help determine your fit.
Then, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2017. Include the following in your submission:
- your completed questionnaire,
- your resume,
- contact information for two references (no reference letters please!), and
- a cover letter that
- highlights your relevant skills and experience, and
- tells us why you are interested in serving on the Committee
Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission and purpose of IAYT!