IAYT Looking to Hire New Accreditation Manager
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Posted by: Devi Mueller
Seeking Accreditation Manager for IAYT’s Accreditation Program:
An Exciting Opportunity to Contribute to the Yoga Therapy Profession
This position will be available July 3, 2017.
Clarifications on the Accreditation Manager Posting
Based upon our initial applications, it appears helpful to clarify some of the details about this key position for our field.
- This position can be filled from your well established home office, like most of the IAYT team. Sustained ease of daily communication by phone and email is imperative, however. The ability to travel and convenient access to a well-connected airport is also important. United States only.
- Yes, accreditation experience in another field, and/or significant administrative experience in an accredited academic institution, and/or experience with regulatory systems and processes, not just faculty experience, is important.
- This position requires a high degree of administrative, diplomatic, leadership and budgetary skills. Your work requires regular communication with accreditation applicants, the Accreditation Committee and the IAYT staff.
- Applicants (who are IAYT Members) should have their IAYT professional profile well filled out and the cover letter should note previous attendance at IAYT’s SYTAR conferences, especially if you have attended our annual Meeting of Schools.
We’re looking for an experienced accreditation professional, ready and able to juggle all the moving parts of a growing accreditation program. You will oversee the daily operation of an on-going accreditation program. The successful candidate will have an experienced understanding of accreditation and/or higher education administration. The goal is to provide support and guidance to IAYT member schools seeking accreditation for their yoga therapy training programs and to member schools with accredited yoga therapy training programs while ensuring the efficient operations of the accreditation function.
The selected candidate will receive orientation and training from the current Accreditation Manager, who will continue to be available for consultation and mentorship for the first year in the position. You will have the support of an experienced colleague currently supporting the accreditation process on a half time basis. The Accreditation Manager is also a member of the IAYT management team and will interface with other management staff working on all parts of our mission. This is an important aspect to assure for coordination, cooperation and collaboration for the growth of IAYT.
While being located in Little Rock, Arkansas would be ideal, this position can be filled by the right person from one’s dedicated home or local office, as long as there is sustained ease of regular communication. United States only.
Annual remuneration for this 3/4 time position is $50,000. There are also opportunities for performance bonuses. Other benefits include expenses paid to attend SYTAR starting in 2017 and occasionally other events. United States only.
This is nominally a 75% (3/4) time position and, as such, perhaps an ideal position for someone who desires more flexibility in their work, such as a person approaching retirement but who still desires the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
As the accreditation process becomes more self-supporting, the potential for increased remuneration is there. Indeed, working with the Accreditation Committee, and the IAYT Executive Director to make the process more user-friendly, efficient and self-supporting will be important part of your responsibilities.
In this position, you will
- Manage all operational areas of the accreditation program
- Create or refine operational systems, processes, and materials, as needed, to effectively and efficiently manage the accreditation function
- Provide support and guidance to member schools pursuing accreditation of their yoga therapy training programs, and
- Provide support and guidance to members schools with accredited yoga therapy training programs
- Support the Accreditation Committee in its work of reviewing accreditation applications; develop and maintain accreditation policies and procedures; and develop and maintain the Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists
- Create and maintain administrative files for each applicant and potential applicant
- Maintain the accreditation pages on the IAYT website, working with the website manager.
- Oversee the work of Accreditation Support staff.
- As a staff member representative on the Accreditation Committee Steering Committee, prepare Steering Committee agendas, facilitate Steering Committee meetings (monthly conference calls and the annual working retreat), and ensure minutes of each meeting are created and maintained.
- Prepare and distribute the final agenda for monthly Accreditation Committee meetings, including preparation of all necessary meeting materials.
- Facilitate monthly Accreditation Committee meetings conducted via conference call. Conference calls are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 3-5 pm CST.
- In consultation with the Accreditation Committee plan for and attend 2 face-to-face meetings, one day-long meeting prior to the Meeting of Schools before SYTAR and the other a 4-day working retreat in January. The dates for the 4-day retreat for 2018 and beyond are as follows:
o 2018: 3/8-11
o 2019 and beyond: 4th weekend in January
The cost of attending the annual retreat is supported by IAYT
- Attend SYTAR and, as necessary, other professional meetings such as those sponsored by the Academic Collaborative for Integrative Health (ACIH).
- Keep the Executive Director informed of all accreditation-related activities and issues
- Prepare all necessary accreditation reports and Accreditation Committee recommendations for the Executive Director and the Board Liaison to the Accreditation Committee to present to the Board of Directors.
- Determine and organize all needed accreditation-related activities to be conducted during the Meeting of Schools priors to SYTAR.
Requirements for the position:
- Accreditation experience in another field, and/or significant administrative experience in an accredited academic institution, and/or experience with regulatory systems and processes.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in an administrative position, preferably within healthcare, complementary medicine, or integrative medicine.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, demonstrated through professional publications and presentations.
- Experience working in and with self-directed workgroups/teams.
- Working knowledge and experience of computer and Internet-based office programs.
- Qualified yoga teacher and yoga therapist, with teaching and clinical yoga therapy experience preferred but not required.
To apply for this position:
Please carefully review the qualifications required for this position prior to submitting your resume. Well qualified candidates will be reviewed and contacted after the April 1st application deadline
Please send a resume that highlights your accreditation and/or higher education administrative experience along with a cover letter explaining what you will uniquely bring to this position.
Qualified candidates should send an application in the form of a Word document to acsearchcommittee@iayt ”dot” org. Deadline is April 1, 2017.
For further information, please contact John Kepner at director@iayt “dot” org.