Call for CIC Presentation Proposals Now Open!
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Posted by: IAYT Administration
We are now accepting proposals for presentations within four of the six Common Interest Community (CIC) Sessions.
Proposals for the following may be submitted:
- CIC #2 - Mental Health
- CIC #3 - Cancer Community
- CIC #5 - Social Activism/Community Healing
- CIC #6 - Careers in Yoga Therapy
Be sure to review the details for the CIC in which you would like to make a proposal to assure that your submission fits well within the session focus.
Your purpose as a presenter is to share your work/practice/idea that works and is relevant to the CIC’s focus. In return, you meet others that share your interest and receive constructive comments/resources back from your peers. All attendees should leave the CIC session with many ideas that may help them in their own work or stimulate new programming possibilities. All attendees should also gain many new professional colleagues to celebrate with for the remainder of the symposium, and for future sharing and collaboration.
We are seeking well-written and intriguing proposals of a successful yoga therapy idea or resource that works and is worth sharing with others. All proposals will be evaluated by the session chairs for the specific interest community. Six individuals will be chosen in each category to present their work - with two back-up alternate presenters. All chosen summaries will be published in the conference program guide and later, published on the IAYT journal hosting site as a supplement to the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. Proposals are not edited and not subject to change after submission, so be sure your proposal is final. Click here for full details.
- You must be a current IAYT member and log in to your personal profile to submit a proposal
- Individual presenters only (no co-presenters will be accepted)
- SYTAR 2018 presenters in either the afternoon or morning sessions are not eligible to submit proposals to the CIC sessions.
- You may submit up to 2 proposals (in the same or different categories), however you may only present one. If both proposals are accepted, IAYT reserves the right to determine which proposal will be presented.
- No support is provided for CIC presenters, but your name and proposal title are shown in the final program guide.
- Proposal submission deadline: February 23, 2018
- Acceptance notification: March 27, 2018
- Presenter's registration deadline: April 17, 2018