2015 Meeting of Schools
June 3 - 4, 2015
Baycliff Room at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel
New! Call for New Accreditation Committee Members
New! Specialty Program Inquiry
- This meeting is separate from the SYTAR conference and requires a separate registration for attendees
- For program directors and faculty of IAYT Member Schools only (up to 4 per school)
- $25/ person
- Never been? See SYTAR 2014 Meeting of Schools by Susi Hately
- Must be signed in as a Member School to register
- New! The meeting is developed by the Planning Committee,
Mary Northy and Sue Tebb, co-chairs, with
Brahmi (Beth Gold-Bernstein), TriYoga, Boston, MA; Lonnie
DeSorcy, LifeForce Yoga, Tucson, AZ; Lorrie Jacobsohn, TriYoga Boston, Boston,
MA; Christine Marcella, Jai Yoga Integrative Therapy, San Antonio, TX; Molly
McManus, Yoga North, Duluth, MN; Kathleen Ross-Allee, Yoga Therapy Rx, Los Angeles,
CA and Cora Wen, Yoga Bloom, San
NOTE: Hotel rooms on Tuesday and Wednesday,
June 2 & 3 will sell out due to a limited number. Make your
reservation early to secure your reservation on these dates.
Wednesday, June 3
2:00 - 4:00 pm Accreditation Q&A
- School Members who are applying, or considering applying, for program accreditation meet with members of the Accreditation Committee and some accredited programs for Q&A. (Attendance is strongly recommended for all schools applying or considering applying for accreditation and should both improve your application and save you weeks, if not months of application time).
4:00 - 5:30 pm Sharing for Programs That Have Been Accredited
(all schools are welcome)
- Come connect and share! The basic principle of "Bring One, Share One" is that schools will have an opportunity to share and learn from each other about information, resources and other helpful tools that may enhance your yoga therapy program. Bring to share something that has worked (or not) in the following topic areas: teacher CV/ resumes, assessment tools, practicum offerings, course syllabi and code of ethics. At the end of the sharing, there will be an open sessions where schools can debrief and discuss with their peers.
5:30 - 6:30 pm Dinner break - Informally meet at the hotel restaurant
6:30 - 9:00 pm Future Directions on Accreditation and Certification
- Progress and principles for IAYT certification of yoga therapists.
- Presented by the Certification Committee
- New details on the two grandparenting pathways for certification
- New short term training opportunies for yoga therapy training programs?
- The forthcoming code of conduct required for certification
- Policy and Procedural Changes, including:
- Biennial reports
- Practicum Guidelines
- Scope of Practice
- Implementation of Practicum Guidelines
Thursday, June 4
9:00 - 12:00 noon
- The Role of Specialty Programs in Yoga Therapy Training Programs. Presented by a panel of both accredited and non accredited programs and yoga therapists offering specialty programs, discussing various issues such as: Should we have standards for specialty programs? Should specialty program offer continuing education? If so, how might they be evaluated?
- Round Table Sessions - where specialty programs will have an opportunity to present their speciality in a round table format to those attending. A format will be offered to specialty programs in preparing their presentation for the informal round tables. Everyone interested in presenting please notify Mary Northy or Sue Tebb.
Must finish and leave the room by noon!
- Closing, where the panel and round table will be summarized and then the floor opens for Q & A.