Please review all details below to assure your
submission is completed correctly.
FORMATTING, LANGUAGE, AND STYLE
- To be considered for inclusion, abstracts must be submitted in
your abstract in a Microsoft Word document following the format in the examples
provided by clicking on this link: Research Abstract example. Follow the exact style as shown in the documents, including
boldface, spacing, superscript numbering, capitalization, and so on.
- For qualitative studies, structure in a
similar format to Research Abstracts, with a clear description of the
objective, study population and methods, findings, and conclusions.
- For case studies, follow the research abstract example for title and authors.
- Use font: Black Arial, 10-point size.
- Limit the title to 150 characters (including spaces).
Titles exceeding this limit will be automatically truncated.
- Save your abstract with the following file
Note: do not use any special characters in
the file name such as hyphens, quotation marks, dollar signs, etc.
- Length of the abstract body (excluding the title and the
authors) must not exceed 2500 characters, including spaces, numbers, and
symbols (i.e., length is 2500 characters,
- Underline the presenting author, with
coauthors appearing in order of your preference.Abstracts will appear in
the published version in order of first author, with presenting author
- Make your abstract as informative as possible. Describe
statistical methods and provide brief numerical and statistical results.
Abstracts without data will be rejected, except high-quality methods abstracts
as described above. One table may be included but do not include photographs,
figures or references. Statements such as "results will be discussed
at poster session" or "data will be presented" are not
acceptable. Non-standard abbreviations should be described in full when first mentioned
followed by the abbreviation in parentheses, and the abbreviation used
- Abstracts for qualitative studies should be structured similarly
to those for quantitative studies, with a clear description of the objective,
study population and methods, findings and conclusions.
- All abstracts will be presented in poster sessions (there will not be
any separate oral abstract sessions). Poster presenters must be at their poster
during the specified times.
Note: The organizers do not edit abstracts and author
corrections will not be accepted after final submission.Carefully check
your abstract for accuracy prior to submission—abstracts failing to meet all
the abstract requirements many not be accepted.
Submission Deadline: May 11, 2015.
Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
There are two steps to the abstract
1. Complete your abstract in a Word document as instructed above. Save your abstract to your system in preparation for completing the online form and upload of your document.
Note: The title in the online submission form must
match the title of your abstract submission.
2. Go to the online submission form and complete the online form as indicated. In the field entitled "Upload Abstract", upload your completed Word document. You can access the online form by clicking here:
Each submission must be done separately.
- After successful completion of your abstract submission a
window will appear with an acknowledgment of receipt. If you do not receive a screen with your submission confirmation and
submission number, please contact Kelly Birch at SYR2015abstracts@sytar.org. You may be asked to resubmit your
- Kelly is the abstracts administrator and the editor-in-chief of Yoga
Therapy Today. She is not an abstracts reviewer or member of the
scientific committee and cannot advise you on the content of your abstract.
She can, however, direct your questions to the appropriate person who can help
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
You will be notified if your abstract has been accepted or has not been accepted by June 22, 2015. If you have not heard by this date,
please contact Kelly.
Group randomized controlled evaluation of Yoga for adolescent mental health within a high school curriculum
Jessica Noggle, PhD and Sat Bir Khalsa, PhD
Note that our poster size has changed. Posters are
now 4' high x 6' wide.
whose abstracts are selected will be required to register for the
meeting; abstracts from authors who do not register will not be
accepted. All abstract submitters must register for SYR 2015 by July 13
following notification of acceptance/rejection.