Common Interest Community
Call for Proposals
Yoga therapy ideas worth sharing!
Call for proposals is now closed.
Continuing for SYTAR 2017
|Review the CIC Model
|See how the new format works and decide if you should submit a proposal
for SYTAR 2017!
We’ve done away with the passive slide presentations of past Common Interest Community sessions. Instead, 2017 will continue the 2016 CIC model with presentations being 12-minute oral presentations
(no slides/power points) to a circle of community participants.
Following the presentation, the group then discusses your idea for 6 minutes, with the intention of "sharing” as a community their resources rather than "declaring” i.e., I’ll send you that study”, "We have a brochure that works”, etc. vs. someone dominating the circle by "teaching” that circle what they know (you know who we mean!).
The presenter then shifts to another circle while the group in the circle awaits a new presenter. Your presentation will be made six times in all. This allows for more active, personal interaction and contribution than a large one-time audience share.
Your purpose as a presenter is to share your work/practice/idea that works and is relevant to the CIC’s focus. In return, you meet others that share your interest and receive constructive comments/resources back from your peers. All attendees should leave the CIC session with many ideas that may help them in their own work or stimulate new programming possibilities. All attendees should also gain many new professional colleagues to celebrate with for the remainder of the symposium, and for future sharing and collaboration.
We are seeking well-written and intriguing proposals of a successful yoga therapy idea or resource that works and is worth sharing with others. All proposals will be evaluated by the session chairs for the interest community. Six individuals will be chosen in each category to present their work - with two back-up alternate presenters. All chosen summaries will be published in the conference program guide and later, published on the IAYT journal hosting site as a supplement to the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. Proposals are not edited and not subject to change after submission, so be sure your proposal is final.
- You must be a current IAYT member and log in to send in a proposal
- Individual presenters only (no co-presenters will be accepted)
- SYTAR 2017 presenters in either the afternoon or morning sessions are not eligible to submit proposals to the CIC sessions.
- You may submit up to 2 proposals (in the same or different categories), however you may only present one. If both proposals are accepted, IAYT reserves the right to determine which proposal will be presented.
- No support is provided for CIC presenters, but your name and proposal title are shown in the final program guide.
- Proposal submission deadline: February 14, 2017
- Acceptance notification: March 14, 2017
- Presenter's registration deadline: April 4, 2017
- If selected, you are welcome to prepare handout to be shared with the attendees.
- All handouts will be posted on the conference website for attendees to access.
- All handouts must be submitted in legible pdf format to SYTAR Conference Manager by May 14 so they can be uploaded to the conference website by May 31.
Questions? Contact Us
Want more details on submission content?
Review: Accepted CIC Proposals from SYTAR 2016.
Click on the icon for the session for which you wish to apply to present.
We are pleased to acknowledge the continued support of Matthew Taylor, PT, PhD, former president of IAYT, and originator of the CIC sessions, for his continued support and leadership in developing these sessions. We also wish to acknowledge Tom Peterson of Thunderheadworks.com for his insight and advice for using Liberated Structures.