It's easy to become an IAYT Member School
How to Become an IAYT Member School
Read About the IAYT Member School Program.
Fill out the Member School Survey.
Return the completed survey to IAYT Executive Director John Kepner via director@iayt "dot” org. A phone meeting with the Executive Director is required.
Once the completed Member School Survey is reviewed and you have spoken with John Kepner, you will receive an email to complete your membership and submit your Member School fees.
Follow the directions and you will be guided through the registration process.
You can then begin to build your School’s Profile online including contact information, logo, and other information about your School.
Fees for Member Schools
You may choose to contribute $504/year as a Supporting Member School.
All fees go to support the Member School Program, the on-going efforts to develop and implement standards, and the annual Meeting of Schools. This includes the support of a well-experienced consultant who serves as a meeting facilitator and subject matter expert.
Your generosity is appreciated and goes a long way toward supporting the important work we do together.
Supporting Membership is a voluntary way to pay more to better support this work. Supporting Member Schools are recognized on the IAYT website and in print. Larger programs should probably be Supporting Members.
About the Member School Survey
- Please fill out the Member School Survey, following the examples provided.Information from the Member School.
- Surveys provides a "bird’s eye view” of our field with key information shown in a consistent format. Initially, the survey was intended to help all of us understand the state of training in our emerging field. Although we are not conducting a new survey, we continue to ask new member schools to complete this survey form so we have a consistent set of information for all schools.
Return the Completed Survey to John Kepner
Return your completed survey to IAYT Executive Director John Kepner. We encourage you to schedule a phone conversation to discuss your school in person. We like to have a little personal contact with the program director of each new member school and we also want you to understand what we are doing and why.
Submit the Member School Fees
Once your Member School Survey has been received, reviewed, and any questions answered by connecting with John, you will receive instructions on how to complete your school’s registration. You will pay at that time. Payment can be made by credit card or check.
You will call to complete the process and to pay by phone at (928)-541-0004 (M-F, 10-4, CT). Please be prepared to provide the following:
- The main physical location of your school for our searchable "Find a Member School” directory, including city, state, zip/postal code, country.
- Your website. This will be the main way students find out details of your program.
- The exact name of your yoga therapist training program, the program director(s) and any other important contact information (such as a program administrator).
- Your school logo (or a picture of the program director).
- The name of your program director and, if applicable, co-director.
If you prefer to pay by check, indicate that during the registration process and then send a check payable to IAYT. Please mail the check to the following address:
PO Box 251563
Little Rock, AR 72225
Other Important Details
The program director must be an IAYT Individual Member.
This is a membership program, not a registry, or an accreditation process, or any recognition of the quality of your program. Registries and accreditation programs serve these purposes.
Schools may not use the IAYT logo on their website or on any promotional material. The IAYT logo is not a service mark that recognizes any standard of training quality. That is the purpose of service marks.
Denial or Revocation of Membership
IAYT’s mission is to establish yoga therapy as a recognized and respected profession. Promoting responsible and ethical behavior on the part of yoga therapists and yoga therapy training programs is at the heart of our mission. While IAYT membership is generally available to any individual or organization that meets IAYT’s membership criteria, the IAYT Board of Directors reserves the right to deny or revoke membership in situations where there is reliable evidence of egregious action on the part of an individual or organization that is incompatible with responsible and ethical yoga therapy practice and instruction.