IAYT's First Ever SEVA Award
Sunday, March 24, 2019
Posted by: IAYT Administration
Service Through Yoga Therapy
Presented by the International Association of Yoga Therapists
with Help from Give Back Yoga Foundation
Are you an innovative, up-and-coming yoga therapist bringing therapeutic yoga
to an unserved population?
Tell us about your project, and you could win IAYT's first-ever Seva Award!
Who Can Apply?
Individuals or small groups may apply. At least one person actively involved in the project must be a C-IAYT or currently enrolled in an IAYT-accredited yoga therapy training program. (If there are multiple applicants, all must be IAYT members. Haven't joined yet? Do so today, and help support IAYT's mission.)
What Projects Will Be Considered?
Projects can be proposed or already underway and should benefit a population that might not otherwise have convenient access to yoga therapy. We're looking for innovative work that fosters accessibility, inclusivity, and diversity in the field of yoga therapy. The plan must include specifics about how the project will be or has been communicated to and integrated into the community.
The award includes:
- Registration for one person to attend SYTAR 2019
- Hotel stipend for 3 nights with a roommate, plus $200 toward travel
- $1,008 prize for project facilitation
- Yoga mats from Give Back Yoga Foundation to facilitate project classes
- Opportunity to tell the project's story in an upcoming IAYT publication
- Recognition on stage at SYTAR
- Social media coverage from IAYT and Give Back Yoga Foundation
Applications are due by May 12th. The winner will be notified May 18th.