June 12, 2019
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- To support those who are considering accreditation of a yoga therapy program, those who have made the decision to seek accreditation, and those who are accredited and want to understand how the 2019 standards changes impact them. Members of the Accreditation Staff and Committee will provide a dynamic, interactive workshop focused on understanding the standards changes and creating the required documentation for your accreditation or re-accreditation application.
- There is no charge for this important workshop, however we would appreciate your advance registration so that we can have sufficient materials available. Last minute attendees will be accommodated to the best of our ability.
- Not a Member School? You are invited to attend to learn more. Click on the register icon below.
- NOTE: North American schools must attend before filing an application under the 2019 standards. It is highly recommended that international applicants fluent in English attend as well.
Member Schools should sign in using your school profile credentials and then
Click here to register today
Contact Marilyn Barlow,Accreditation Administrative Support
at Marilyn@IAYT "dot"org with questions.
Accreditation Overview & Support Workshop
9:30 - 10:00 AM
10:00 - 11:30 AM
11:30 AM - Noon
12:00 - 1:00 PM
1:00 - 2:30 PM
2:30 - 3:00 PM
On-site Check In
Introduction to the 2019 Standards – This in depth exploration will include an overview of the major changes to the 2019 standards, the rationale for the changes, the differences between the 2017 and 2019 standards and the implications for accredited programs, in process programs, those considering accreditation, and for the profession of yoga therapy as a whole. The timeline for rollout will be included
Q & A with Accreditation Staff and Accreditation Committee Leadership
Lunch (On your own)
The Accreditation and Re-Accreditation Process- The afternoon session is for those wanting to understand the IAYT accreditation process in depth, featuring a discussion of what makes the IAYT process unique, what is similar to other accreditations in health care and education, and what process changes are planned in conjunction with the 2019 standards rollout. Breakout tables for those already accredited and those in process or contemplating accreditation will help facilitate targeted learning opportunities based on area of interest.
Q & A with Accreditation Staff
IAYT appreciates and recognizes the dedication and work of the current Accreditation Committee and staff:
- Molly McManus, Committee Chair
- Sue Tebb, Board Liaison
- Robin Gueth, Secretary
- Hansa Knox, Standards Committee
- Kathleen Pringle, Vice Chair
- Jamie Stover Schmitt
- Annette Watson, Accreditation Manager
- Danielle Atkinson, Applicant Support
- Lisa Cavallaro, Applicant Support
- Marilyn Barlow, Administrative Support