2019 Meeting of Schools
June 12 - 13, 2019 (4 pm to 9 pm | 9 am to Noon)
- This meeting is separate from the SYTAR conference and requires a separate registration for Meeting of Schools attendees (click on Register Now icon below)
- For program directors and faculty of IAYT Member Schools only (up to 3 per school)
- $35/ person - pre-registered by May 15; $50/ person through June 12 (as space available)
- Space is limited!! Register early to secure your place
- Must be signed in as a current Member School to register
- Not yet a Member School? Be sure to become a member ASAP to attend this important meeting
- Never been? See SYTAR 2018 Meeting of Schools by Montserrat G. Mukhurjee
Beginning at 4 pm on Wednesday June 12, attendees are encouraged to join the meeting for the opening remarks and interactive introductions to one another. Dinner will be included with this year's meeting. We are honored to receive a generous donation from the Trinity Healing Foundation. Registration by June 7 is required to assure participation in the dinner.
Agenda for the 2019 Meeting of Schools
June 12 - 13
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa
| Wednesday, June 12
|4:00 - 5:30 pm
Welcome and Community Building
| 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Dinner hosted by Trinity Healing Foundation
(must register by 6/7 to be able to attend this special event)
|7:00 - 7:10 pm
Opening and Overview
|7:10 - 8:50 pm
- Certification Update
- Communications Team Update
|8:50 - 9:00 pm
|| Evening Close
Join us on Thursday to inspire and to be inspired. Join us to sit with one another in satsang. Join us to deepen our offerings to one another as Members Schools.
| Thursday, June 13
|9:00 - 9:10 am
Welcome and Morning Opening
| 9:10 - 10:10 am
Building relationships and creating satsang!
- As we explore more deeply what IAYT does for us, we will look for answers to "What we can do for IAYT?" How can we plug in?
- We will look at how we can join in to help in co-creating a membership that mentors one another, encourages support and participation, and provides education and tools.
- We will explore the ongoing committees of IAYT including how they operate, who is their leadership, and how we can access help as well as provide it.
|10:10 - 10:20 am
S t r e t c h B r e a k
|10:20 - 11:30 am
Round Table Discussions
Our goal is to come away from this year's MOS with more connections as well as more information on how to use what IAYT offers.
In our small groups we'll hear from people:
- who have recently gone through the Accreditation process as well as those who are just beginning
- who have developed APD Continuing Education Programs and those who are in the process
- who have used the Marketing Tools provided and plunged into making Yoga Therapy (and their school or organization) better known in the world
- who are part of the various IAYT committees and can offer insights
Additionally we'll be fielding questions from Member Schools to encourage discussions on topics such as:
- How do schools manage intern liability while the interns are completing practicum requirements
- What guidelines do schools have for client payments to interns prior to certification
|11:30 - 11:55 am
Past meetings have proven to be highly valuable and effective for all in attendance. 2019 will continue that tradition.
What was most useful from the 2018 MOS?
"The format of 2018 Meeting of Schools modeled a stimulating balance of information sharing and relationship building. Thank you to the enlightened committee members who made it happen."
-2018 MOS Attendee
IAYT appreciates and recognizes the dedication and work of this year's MOS Committee:
Kamalesh (Ginger) Hooven (Mount Madonna) Co-Chair
Stacey Reinke-Bui, Co-Chair
Mary Northey (Kripalu) Advisor
Sue Tebb (IAYT) Advisor
Diane Finlayson (MUIH)
Irene Bright-Dumm (MUIH Graduate)
Ananda Deviika' Ma (Ananda Wellness Institute)
Sarah Greco (PRYT)
Tania Turcinovic Taravati (Integral Yoga Institute)
Desiree Whitney (Trinity Healing Foundation)
Michelle Bowles (Hamsa School of Yoga & Ayurveda)
Those who are considering accreditation of a yoga therapy program, those who have made the decision to seek accreditation, and those who are accredited and want to understand how the 2019 standards changes impact them, you may wish to attend the Accreditation Workshop. Click below for details.
|Register For Meeting of Schools