2020 Meeting of Schools
June 10–11, 2020 (4 pm to 9 pm | 9 am to 12 noon)
Registration is Open!
- This meeting is separate from the SYTAR conference and requires a separate registration (click the Register Now icon below)
- Attendance is limited to program directors and faculty of IAYT Member Schools only (up to 3 per school)
- $35/person when preregistered by May 15; $50/person through June 7 (as space allows)
- Space is limited! Register early to secure your place
- You must be signed in as a current Member School to register
- Not yet a Member School? Become a Member School today to join in this valuable gathering of your peers
- Never been? Here's a peek at last year's meeting
The Meeting of Schools begins at 4 pm on Wednesday, June 10. Thanks to a generous donation from the Trinity Healing Foundation, dinner is included with this year's meeting! Please register by June 1 to ensure your spot at dinner.
Agenda for the 2020 Meeting of Schools
Lincolnshire Marriott Resort
| Wednesday, June 10
Welcome and Community Building
| 5:30–7:00 pm
Dinner hosted by Trinity Healing Foundation
(register by June 1 so you can attend dinner)
Opening and Overview
General IAYT Management Update
- Communications Team Update
|| Evening Close
You spoke, and we listened! Inspired by 2019's MOS Evaluation and Member School Survey, the 2020 MOS Planning Committee is addressing the practical, administrative issues that are important to you while providing rich and meaningful ways for you to network.
Thursday, June 11
9 am to 12 noon
We'll address the following issues with panel discussions, short presentations, group discussions, and a town hall meeting:
- Student Career Counseling
- Accreditation (Pros and Cons)
- APDs: Possibilities of Roles and Relationships
- Program Learning Objectives and Program Assessment
- Course Learning Objectives and Assessment
- Faculty Evaluation
- Student Assessment
- Assessment Tools
Watch for more details
What was most useful from the 2019 MOS?
"This was my first time attending, it was all useful! Being a part of a
school that is planning to apply for accreditation, anything related to
that was the most helpful. Knowing the background and hearing others
going through the process was also helpful."
"Thursday's roundtables (much like the CICs) led to dynamic
conversations, exchange of ideas, and networking…a bit raucous, but
fruitful! I look forward to more of these in future."
—2019 MOS Attendees
IAYT appreciates and recognizes the dedication and work of this year's MOS Committee:
Kamalesh (Ginger) Hooven (Mount Madonna) Co-Chair
Sarah Greco (PRYT), Co-Chair
Diane Finlayson (MUIH)
Ananda Deviika' Ma (Ananda Wellness Institute)
Tania Turcinovic Taravati (Integral Yoga Institute)
Desiree Whitney (Trinity Healing Foundation)
Michelle Bowles (Hamsa School of Yoga & Ayurveda)
Joy Ravelli (Purusha Yoga School)
Christiane Brems (Stanford University)
Nicole DeAvilla (Yoga Professional Academy)
Those who are considering accreditation of a yoga therapy program and those who have made the decision to seek accreditation may wish to attend the Accreditation Special-Interest Meeting on Friday, June 12. Click below for details.