IAYT Certification Continuing Education Submission
Be sure you have reviewed the C-IAYT Continuing Education Requirements before submitting your information.
Submitting Current CE Information
If you have questions about submitting your Continuing Education hours or have difficulty completing the process below, please use the Contact Us link at the right side top of this page to reach us.
IAYT Conferences and Ethics Quiz Credits
If you attend SYTAR or SYR, or successfully complete the Ethics and Scope of Practice Quiz online, your CE credits are automatically posted to your profile. The number of credits for each of these is shown on the CE Policy page. You can view any credits automatically awarded by going to Manage Profile and scroll down to Professional Development.
Approved Professional Development (APD) Courses
If you complete an Approved Professional Development (APD) course listed here on the IAYT website, you can easily submit the CE credits for that course by returning to the listing and clicking on the course Verify Credits link. You will answer a few questions about your satisfaction with the course, upload your evidence of completion, and the CE credits will be posted to your profile. (Your course input it private. Any data shared with course leaders will be de-identified and provided only in aggregate.)
Self-submitting Continuing Education Hours (other than the above)
The first thing to do is to review the IAYT Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists and determine which competency areas you have met by the training you are submitting. Select one or more competency areas that you feel best aligns to the content of your continuing education so that you can enter it in your submission form.
When ready, log into your profile.
- First, visit Profile Home. If you are an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), you will see your C-IAYT Award Date on the home profile screen. C-IAYTs will need this date to complete the CE hours submission so make note of it before proceeding.
- Continuing education courses to support C-IAYT recertification must occur during your 3 year certification period. (The hours are reset at the beginning of the next recertification period.)
- Select Manage Profile (from the right side bar or upper right).
- Scroll down to Content and Features and select Professional Development from within that heading.
- Under Journal Entries, select Add Entry (It's the last thing on the right of the line that starts with Print Transcript and has the green + sign next to it).
- Complete the form with this information:
- Is this an entry for a Certificate or Program - Select YES for all entries
- Certification/Program drop down - this pertains to your status as a C-IAYT - if you are a C-IAYT select C-IAYT Continuing Education, or if you are not a C-IAYT select Non-C-IAYT Continuing Education.
- Credit Type drop down - select CE Self-Submitted
- The entry date will be the date you are entering information on the form
- Description: This field allows only 174 characters. Provide the course title, dates, faculty, location, and any other details that will fit within this constraint.
- Credits: The number of CE credits/hours you are submitting with this entry
- Credits Expire: leave this field blank
- Score: leave this field blank
- Activity Code: You must complete this field. Enter at least one competency area from the Educational Standards in this field (You can look up these standards on the website under Education>Professional Development>Educational Standards for CE). Separate additional competency areas by commas or spaces. You may enter up to 174 characters. (e.g., 1.2, 3.1, 5.1).
- Attachments: CE submissions will be periodically audited. If your submission is audited, you must present evidence of completion of the training. You are not required to attach this here. You may choose to upload the evidence of completion so that is retained in your file. You may upload PDFs, Word documents, or image files.
- Once completed, click on Submit.
Your CE credits will be automatically posted to your profile. To view these anytime, go to Manage Profile>Scroll down to Content & Features> Professional Development.
By clicking on Submit, you attest that the information you have provided is correct and understand that misrepresentation may result in loss of educational credits.