An Exciting Opportunity to Support the Yoga Therapy Profession!
The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) is looking for a dynamic new executive director, someone who is ready and able to lead the many parts of our international association under the strategic and policy direction of the board of directors, beginning no later than January 2021.
IAYT is a 501(c)3 professional organization representing yoga teachers, yoga therapists, yoga researchers, and the field of yoga therapy in more than 50 countries. Our mission is to establish yoga as a recognized and respected therapy. More information is available at www.iayt.org/aboutIAYT.
The U.S.-based executive director is IAYT's full-time chief executive officer. This position is responsible for the management of operational and administrative staff, oversight of all programs, fulfillment of the organization’s strategic plan, marketing, fundraising, ongoing cultural competency development and implementation, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the board of directors. The successful applicant will receive substantial orientation and support from the current executive director.
Broad Areas of Responsibility
- Revenue responsibility for all of the resources necessary to support IAYT’s mission
- Fiscal management of the association, including preparation of budgets and regular financial reviews and reporting
- Managing the organization’s staff, including hiring, training, and performance reviews
- Overseeing the effective delivery of all IAYT programs and products, including publications, conferences, accreditation, certification, and communications
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with other organizations that align with IAYT's mission and strategic plan
- Working effectively with standing committees and ad hoc task forces
- Assisting the board of directors with the development and fulfillment of its strategic plan
- Ongoing cultural competency development and implementation
- Maintaining effective communication with the board of directors in relation to all operations of the association
Personal Attributes and Qualifications
Candidates must have a proven record in a senior management position with a comparable organization and be able to demonstrate exceptional staff management and communication skills. In addition, they will need to understand and work within the culture of our international association.
A statement of detailed duties and required qualifications is available here.
The initial application period is through March 13, 2020.
If you have questions or need assistance, please Contact Us or email EDSearch@iayt.org.