Letter of Intent to Apply for Accreditation of a Yoga Therapy Training Program- 2018 and 2019
Thank you for your interest in IAYT accreditation of your yoga therapy training program!
Submitting a Letter of Intent (LoI) is required prior to submitting an application for accreditation.
Because IAYT accreditation is a major commitment that requires the submission of a significant amount of data and documentation, an LoI helps us determine your readiness to successfully navigate the accreditation process.
The Letter of Intent may only be submitted during submission period.
In 2018, the last submission period closed on August 31, 2018.
In 2019, there is ONE Letter of Intent window planned for late 2019 due to major standards revision with release planned at SYTAR 2019. Applicants submitting an LOI in 2019 or later will be required to submit an application that is based on the 2019 revisions. These revisions will build on the 2017 standards.
You must download and complete the templates below for submission with your LoI. You will upload the completed documents at the time of submission.
Please follow the instructions below for using the document templates and submitting a completed LoI. Once your LoI has been successfully submitted, Accreditation Department staff will review your documentation. We typically contact applicants within approximately 30 days regarding the submitted documentation, the accreditation process and the next steps.
Instructions for Using the Document Templates and Submitting a Completed LoI
- Download a copy of each template by clicking on the document names above.
- Complete each form by entering the requested information in the spaces provided.
- Rename each form using the following naming conventions:
- Program Overview: Program_Overview_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Syllabus Sample: Syllabus_Sample_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Resume for the Program Director: PD_Resume_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Practicum Description: Practicum_Description_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Save each form as a single PDF. If you have difficulty using any of the templates, please contact the Accreditation Department using "CONTACT US" on the IAYT Website.
- Next you will register to submit your LOI and pay the submission fee.
- Once you have paid the fee, a link to the LoI submission form will be made available on the confirmation page and in the "Thank You" that will be emailed to you. Be sure to open the link and bookmark it and/or save the "Thank You" email so you have the link when you are ready to upload the completed forms.
- Click on the link and complete the form on the submission page.