How to start to formally apply for Accreditation of a Yoga Therapy Training Program
NOTE: ALL LINKS ARE NON FUNCTIONAL AT THIS TIME. USE CONTACT US FOR ANY INQUIRIES ABOUT APPLYING.
Thank you for your interest in IAYT accreditation of your yoga therapy training program!
Submitting a Letter of Intent (LoI) was required prior to submitting an application for accreditation through 2019.
IAYT accreditation is a major commitment that requires the submission of a significant amount of data and documentation, an LoI helped us determine your readiness to successfully navigate the accreditation process.
The Letter of Intent was only accepted during set submissions period. With the release of the 2019 standards, the Letter of Intent has been retired and applicants will begin their application process with a reapplication/preliminary application that will enable us to examine some key information early in the accreditation process to assess your preliminary readiness in advance of you completing a full application with all required documentation.
We provide applicants access to the required templates for submission. You will then upload the completed documents at the time of submission of your preapplication ( formally LOI).
The instructions below are for using the document templates and submitting a completed Preapplication.
THIS SECTION IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLINE AS ONLY APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED AN LOI CAN SUBMIT A FULL APPLICATION IN 2019.
When this has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic system notification. The Accreditation Department staff will then begin the review of your submitted documentation. Once this step is complete, applicants will have a maximum of 12 months to submit a full and complete Accreditation Application.
Instructions for Using the Document Templates and Submitting a Preapplication
- Download a copy of each template by clicking on the document names above.
- Complete each form by entering the requested information in the spaces provided.
- Rename each form using the following naming conventions:
- Program Overview: Program_Overview_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Syllabus Sample: Syllabus_Sample_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Resume for the Program Director: PD_Resume_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Practicum Description: Practicum_Description_SchoolName_Month_Year
- Save each form as a separate PDF. If you have difficulty using any of the templates, please contact the Accreditation Department using "CONTACT US" on the IAYT Website.
- Next you will pay the first part of the non refundable application fee.
- Once you have paid the fee, a link to the PreApplication will be made available on the confirmation page and in the auto generated email you will receive. Open the link and bookmark it and/or save the email so you have the link when you are ready to upload the completed forms.
- Click on the link and complete the form on the submission page.