IAYT Certification Continuing Education Submission
Recertification of IAYT Certification is required every 3 years. To be eligible to recertify you must:
Be an active member of IAYT
Submit at least 24 hours of continued education within the 3 year period
Pass the IAYT Ethics and Scope of Practice Quiz (2 CE credits)
Continuing education hours can be acquired through a variety of sources, including:
Attendance/Participation directly with IAYT:
- Participating in the IAYT conferences, (SYTAR and SYR), will count up to 22 and 15 continuing education hours respectively. These hours are awarded automatically once attendance is confirmed.
- Passing the IAYT Ethics Quiz. You will receive credit for 2 hours of continuing ethics education. Passing this quiz is a requirement for renewal for all C-IAYT holders. These hours are awarded automatically upon successfully passing the quiz.
Completion of an IAYT Approved Professional Development (APD) Course:
IAYT Approved Professional Development (APD) courses for continuing education are listed here. Each of these has been pre-screened and meets the competency requirements for renewal of C-IAYT certification. These courses also have the advantage of easy submission of CE credits. Once an APD course is completed, you can return to the course listing and click on a link there to post the CE credit to your profile.
Attendance/Participation outside of IAYT: (The following are the types of training, participation, and activities that may be submitted by using the form below for individual approval by IAYT. Currently, CE submission is not restricted to APD courses)
- Completing courses and workshops that support one or more of the competencies identified within the IAYT Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists. These can be found on the website under the Accreditation heading.
- Teaching yoga therapy courses or workshops that support one or more of the competencies (contact hours only). ONLY the first case of teaching the course/workshop may be submitted for consideration.
- Hours spent in individual clinical supervision with a mentor or in peer supervision groups with a mentor that support one or more of the competencies.
- Any American Red Cross (or international equivalent) CPR course will count as 1 continuing education hour.
Additional Information About Current Requirements and Future Plans
CE credits reset when your C-IAYT recertification is updated on the third year anniversary of your last recertification or initial certification date. Initial requirements for Continuing Educations requirements were set when the IAYT Certification process began in May 2016. These allow broad acceptance of credits as long as they are aligned to the Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists.
The continuing education requirements for subsequent recertifications will be revised as the Approved Professional Development (APD) course list grows and we further develop our continuing education strategy. Changes to CE requirements will be communicated in advance of each recertification cycle for which they apply.
Submitting Current CE Information